Sonic Lunch with Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

It's my first "official" day of summer. And I say that because it was my last day of school. I am no longer a high school junior and am officially a senior! And I thought that the only way to ring in this great summer was to go see one of my favorite bands, literally right after school got out. And the only way I was able to do this was to sneak out of my house, in the middle of the day, with nobody home... yeah.
My friend, Hien and I ventured off to Ann Arbor around 11:00am to see Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. at Sonic Lunch-- a Thursday lunch concert hosted by the Bank of Ann Arbor.
Not going to lie we got lost a few times, but in the end we made it there rather safely.































































We arrived about a half hour late, since parking in Downtown Ann Arbor is ridic. Nevertheless, we were able to make it for a majority of the songs. They played some of my favorites, like Vocal Chords and Nothing But Our Love. 
It ended up being a beautiful day, with the sun shining and a slight breeze. You could definitely tell everyone was loving the vibe and the music. It was so much fun; everyone was dancing and singing, they even had bubbles shooting out the speakers! It was such a good time, so when the show ended we stayed after to congratulate the guys on a good show. 
We met up with Josh Esptein by the stairs and told him how much we enjoyed the show and got pictures. Hien mentioned their matching Ray Bans and he told us how Ray Ban had sent him the glasses. After I brought up whether he had also gotten free tacos for life after I had watched this commercial while I was in D.C. which features their song Morning Thought. He replied, "Yeah, we've been eating free Taco Bell for the last three months. I can get you guys a free certificate for free tacos if you want." Which I replied with a, "Um... YEAH?" He told us to wait while he went to his van to get us three $5 gift cards to Taco Bell each. I told him he was my best friend (I meant it) and we talked about the upcoming album before having to leave. 
To say the least, I hope this just foreshadows the immensity of the rest of my summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment